Your Kicker ZX.2 series amplifier has two rotary controls & one switch on the end panel. These controls ensure the reliability & performance of the amplifier. Before turning on the system for the first time, turn the two rotary controls on the side of the amplifier to the full counter-clockwise position.
* RMS Power in Watts, all channels driven
- CrossoverSwitch The crossover switch on the end-panel is for setting the internal crossover. In the OFF position the amplifier passes a full-range signal to the speakers. Use the LO position when connected to a subwoofer. The HI position should be selected when connected to speakers, which you do not want to receive any sub-bass information. Never change the crossover "OFF/HI/LO" switch setting w/the audio system on!
- InputGainControl The input gain control is not a volume control. It matches the output of the source unit to the input level of the amplifier. Turn the source unit up to about 3/4 volume (if the source unit goes to 30, turn it to 25). Next, slowly turn (clockwise) the gain on the amplifier up until you can hear audible distortion, then turn it down a little.
- BassBoostControl The bass boost control is designed to give you increased output 0 - 12dB at 40 Hz. The setting for this control is subjective. If you turn it up, you must go back & adjust the input gain control to avoid clipping the amplifier.
- @ 14.4 Volts, 4-OHMS stereo, . 1% THD+N 35 x 2
- @ 2-OHMS stereo, . 1% THD+N 50 x 2
- @ 4-OHMS mono, . 1% THD+N 100
- Frequency Response, "} 0.5 dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >95 dB, a-weighted, re: rated power
- Input Sensitivity: 125 mV - 5 V low level
- 250 mV - 10 V high level
- Electronic Crossover: HI, LO or OFF (bypass),
- fixed @ 80 Hz, 12 dB per octave
- Bass Boost: Variable 0 to +12 dB boost @ 40 Hz
- Height: 2 1/8"h (54mm) * Width: 9 5/8"h (244mm)
- Length: 8 1/4"h (209mm)